WARNING: If you have an addictive personality, just skip right over this recipe. Do it. We won’t judge. At least on this particular occasion. We’ll certainly judge if you wear Crocs, or Tiva’s, but that’s a given. Consider yourself warned.
The Serving Up The Skinny Basic Crepe Recipe is very versatile – use it to make a delicious dessert or breakfast. If you’re using it for breakfast, feel free to eliminate the sugar and vanilla. It will be a little less sweet, perfect for wrapping sausage or the likes.
Don’t care for Strawberry & Sour Cream combo? Use cinnamon and sugar, raspberries or any other fruit you prefer. It’s up to you! There are too many combos to list.
Now, take off those Crocs and Tiva’s and let’s get cooking!
Don’t forget to “pin” this post, if you like it!
- BASIC CREPE RECIPE:
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour (bleached or unbleached)
- 2 Eggs
- ½ Cup Milk
- ½ Cup Water
- 2 Tablespoons Melted Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- ½ Tablespoon Vanilla
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- Powdered Sugar (for topping)
- Sour Cream
- Mix eggs, milk, water, melted butter and vanilla in medium size bowl. Combine until mixed.
- Add flour, sugar and salt. Combine until smooth.
- Pre-heat 9″ or 10″ non-stick skillet on medium heat.
- Spray heated skillet with Pam or Olive Oil.
- Scoop ⅓ cup of batter in skillet and twirl around until batter is slightly up the sides of the skillet and evenly spread.
- Cook for about 1 minute, then flip.
- Cook the final side for about 1 minute.
- Transfer cooked crepe to plate.
- Spread the middle of the crepe with sour cream.
- Add fresh cut strawberries on top of the sour cream.
- Fold both sides of the crepe over the top (to cover toppings).
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.