I know, I know. We just posted an amazing cookie recipe yesterday, but please forgive us. We’re on a cookie kick lately! And everyone should have at least one amazing recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies. This one is my personal favorite. Super soft, chewy and loaded with chocolate chips. They have my name written all over them!
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup powdered Instant Vanilla Jello Pudding
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- *optional: 1 cup chopped nuts: walnuts, pecans, cashews
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, use a mixer to cream together butter, sugar and brown sugar.
- Add both eggs and vanilla. Mix well until blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix together dry ingredients: flour, instant vanilla pudding, baking soda, salt, & cinnamon.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Add chocolate chips and nuts and mix in by hand.
- Drop tablespoon balls of dough onto greased cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
The Instant Vanilla Pudding, in the recipe, makes cookies oh so soft and keeps them that way for a few days.
***Tip: If you live in a warm area, when done mixing the dough, put it into the fridge for 20 minutes. This allows the butter to firm up and your cookies won’t come out flat.
***Super Tip: When storing cookies, place a piece of sliced bread on top of the cookies. This helps the cookies stay soft and not go stale, yuck.