There are two things I go overboard eating EVERY time I have them: Donuts (insert Homer Simpson joke here) and garlic bread. I can easily put down 4-5 pieces of each. Self control? My self control around garlic bread and donuts rivals a 13 year old girl at a Justin Bieber concert. There isn’t any. The difference? The 13 year old girl will drift to sleep with thoughts about a (dare I say adorable) celebrity crush while I’ll stay awake thinking about the exercise I’ll have to do to work off the donuts or garlic bread.
With that in mind I decided to adapt a garlic bread recipe a little bit lower in calories and fat than traditional garlic bread. Enter Pinterest.
Serving Up The Skinny is on Pinterest and, I don’t know about you, we’ve found a ton of new recipes to try out. Instead of just posting them to our “recipes we want to try” Pinterest Board, we’re going to bring them to life Serving Up The Skinny style. Thanks to our garlic bread obsession we choose this awesome Garlic Knots recipe to skinny-up!
Each garlic bread knot is 4 Weight Watcher points and 127 calories. MUCH lower than the store bought garlic bread which hovers around 250 calories per slice.
Don’t forget to follow Serving Up The Skinny on Pinterest
Don’t forget to follow Serving Up The Skinny on Facebook
- Pillsbury Homestyle Biscuits (10 Count)
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable or Canola Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Teaspoon Parsley Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
- ¼ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Garlic Salt
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- One by one, roll out each biscuit so it’s about 8″ long. Tie into a knot and tuck the ends under.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes.
- Mix together the oil, parmesan cheese, parsley flakes, oregano, garlic powder and garlic salt in a small bowl.
- Once the knots are done cooking, immediately slather with the garlic concoction.
- Enjoy hot!