In case you’re keeping a “Things Nobody Warns You About” list we have a new one for you. Corn. Yes, the small little yellow guy. If you’re a mom (or babysitter in my case) you can probably assume what the traumatic experience was. I refused to eat corn mixed into anything for 17 years. Alone as a side? Great. Mixed in? Negative. Too many bad visuals pop up.
We weren’t warned, but we’ll be damned to let it happen to another innocent soul.
Our Chopped Salad recipe was inspired but The Cheesecake Factory Chopped Salad. One key ingredient missing is the corn and we changed up the dressing to ranch instead of a mustard vinaigrette. Mustard is on another list for another day.
We adore SkinnyTaste Low Fat Ranch dressing. It’s easy to make a light on fat. Our Chopped Salad recipe is very forgiving so you can use any dressing you have in your refrigerator and it will taste great. No need to homemake dressing if it’s not your thing.
This Chopped Salad is a bit more labor intensive than other salads, but it’s worth it. It’s very filling even without the chicken if you’re a vegetarian.
Here’s Serving Up The Skinny’s Chopped Salad Recipe (sans corn of course).
- Chicken (1-2 Breasts)
- Bacon (2 slices)
- Romaine Lettuce (1 large or 2 small)
- Tomato (we use 2 Roma tomatos)
- Red Onion (1/4 of onion)
- Avocado (1/2 avocado)
- Granny Smith Apple (1/2 apple)
- Blue Cheese (optional)
- Cook 1-2 chicken breast at 425 degrees for 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, chop lettuce, tomato, onion, avocado and apple. Add to large mixing bowl.
- Cook bacon slices and crumble. Add to large mixing bowl.
- Once chicken is cooked, chop and add to mixing bowl.
- Combine all ingredients together before adding the dressing.
- Add your favorite dressing.
- Top with blue cheese (optional).