Like this recipe? Please pin it on Pinterest! Thanks!
Most folks looks forward to gifts during the holiday season, but we look forward to William & Sonoma Peppermint Bark. The downside, it’s expensive! Pair that with our big appetite and we’re looking at $100 down the hatches! A few years back we discovered this Homemade Peppermint Bark Recipe and we’ve been converts ever since. It’s easy-to-make and delicious!
Traditional Peppermint Bark is just made via a standard cookie sheet but we kicked it up a notch by using a silicon holiday mold. Here is the one we bought on Amazon. It worked perfectly and we highly recommend it. Feel free to just use a cookie sheet so it looks just like the William & Sonoma version.
Note – we don’t use Peppermint Extract in our batches but if you like it extra minty we included it in our instructions.
- 4 oz Milk or Dark Chocolate
- 4 oz White Chocolate
- 1 Tsp Vegetable Oil
- ¼ Tsp Peppermint Extract (Optional)
- Crushed Candy Canes (5-6)
- Put 5-6 candy canes in a Ziploc bag. Crush with a rolling pin or mallet. Remove the candy dust by putting it through a small mesh container or colander (if the holes are small).
- In a medium size bowl add milk or dark chocolate and ½ tsp vegetable oil. Melt in the microwave at 50% power in 30 second intervals. Stir well after each 30 second interval.
- If using Peppermint Extract, add ⅛ tsp once the chocolate is fully melted.
- Divide the chocolate among the mold cavities using a small spoon. (or spread out evenly over a parchment covered cookie sheet)
- Sprinkle with crushed candies.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 30 – 60 minutes until set.
- Repeat the above process with the white chocolate.
- Chill until set and enjoy!