I bought some matcha (green tea) powder a few months ago, and it’s been sitting in my pantry, calling out my name to make something delicious with it. Seeing as I love all things green tea flavored, it’s been hard to choose what to make. I didn’t want to waste my precious matcha powder on something yucky tasting, and I was hesitant to bake with it because I know I’d be the one, at 3 am sneaking downstairs to devour some cupcakes.
This last weekend, I was making a cream cheese frosting and inspiration hit! Matcha Cream Cheese Fruit Dip! The flavor is wonderful and paring it with your favorite fruit, really brings out the green tea flavor. Also, by eating the cream cheese dip with fruit, it makes you feel better about yourself, that you at somewhat healthy. You know, to balance out the fact that tonight you’ll be midnight snacking on the fruit dip by itself.
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons matcha, green tea powder
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a mixer, cream the cream cheese and sugar together, on medium, until the sugar has dissolved and there are no lumps in the cream .
- Add matcha, lemon zest, vanilla and salt. Mix until it’s all incorporated.
- Put cream cheese mixture into fridge to chill for 15-20 minutes.
- In a chilled bowl, whip the heavy whipping cream on high until it forms soft peaks. Usually takes 1-2 minutes.
- In the whipped cream bowl, add the cream cheese mixture and fold together.
- Now, it’s ready to dip away!
Serve with your favorite fruit: grapes, strawberries, bananas, raspberries, blueberries, kiwis. Or mix it up and dip in some marshmallows or graham crackers!