Huevos Rancheros is my all-time favorite breakfast. What’s not to love. Eggs? Check. Crispy Tortilla? Check. Pico de Gallo? Check.
Of course Huevos Rancheros can be fattening when made with refried beans and avocados so I created a skinny version! Have fun with this recipe and change it up to your liking. There are many variations but this one is uber good, healthy and only 4 Weight Watchers points.
- Corn Tortillas (4)
- Eggs (4)
- Black Beans (16 Ounce Can)
- Fat Free Cheddar Cheese (2 Ounces)
- Tomatoes (Prefer Roma)
- Jalapeno (1)
- Red Onion
- Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- Cumin (optional)
- Spraying Olive Oil (Recommend Misto)
- Pre-heat oven to 425
- Prepare Pico De Gallo (see full recipe here)
- Shred lettuce and cheese
- Spray both sides of tortilla with olive oil
- Bake tortillas until crisp and bubbly (about 7-8 minutes depending on your oven)
- Add black beans, Red Pepper Flakes and Cumin to pan. Cook until hot.
- While the tortillas are baking prepare eggs over-easy (or fried if you don’t like runny eggs).
- Assemble. Add 1 scoop of black beans on top of tortilla. Top with cooked egg. Sprinkle with ½ ounce of cheese. Add a huge scoop of Pico de Gallo and shredded lettuce.
- Dig in!
Try topping it with our tasty Pico de Gallo!