Please “Pin” this recipe to share with friends.
Dirty, Rotten, Filthy, Stinkin……
I’m just going to say it…..getting old sucks. If your hair isn’t turning white than little lines are forming on your face. Worse yet? Your front and backside start to sag. It’s depressing really.
Back in the day my diet consisted of two Super Big Gulps per day (a must if you’re working at an after school program) and cherry pies. Cherry pies as awesome as Warrant’s most popular song. Ah, the good old days – big appetite, small a**.
As the years passed I could no longer get away with daily cherry pies and Super Big Gulps. 7-11 lost a great customer. We’re not sure how they stayed in business.
My recipe for Healthy Baked Zucchini Sticks is one I adopted in place of sugary treats a few years back. I was shocked just how much I loved them. If you’re not sure if you like zucchini, we urge you to try these out. They taste nothing like the dreaded V word (vegetables).
Now on to our recipe for baked zucchini sticks…tastes so good they make a grown man cry.
- 2 Medium Zucchinis
- ¼ Cup Plain Bread Crumbs
- ¼ Cup Panko Crumbs
- ¼ Cup Flour (any variety)
- 2 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tsp. Garlic Salt
- ¾ Tsp Chili Powder
- ¾ Tsp Parsley Flakes
- 2 Egg Whites
- Marina or Ranch for dipping
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine bread crumbs, Panko, Parmesan Cheese, Garlic Salt, Chili Powder and Parsley in medium size bowl.
- In separate bowl, separate yolk from egg whites. Dump yolk.
- Cut zucchini into 16 strips (about 3″ long each).
- Dip zucchini strips into flour and coat well.
- Dip flour coated zucchini strips into egg whites, then immediately dip into the breading mixture. Place on foil lined cookie sheet.
- Continue until all 16 strips are coated.
- Place cookie sheet in oven and bake for 12 minutes.
- Serve with marinara sauce or ranch dressing.
DON’T FORGET TO FOLLOW SERVING UP THE SKINNY ON FACEBOOK