I’m not the biggest cheese fan in the world, but this Feta Chicken is to die for. I made it for Valentine’s Day dinner for my husband when we were dating and it was an instant succes. It’s so easy to make not even I could ruin it, even though this time I did have a MINOR cooking mishap.
I decided to make the Feta Chicken along with the Baked Asparagus because they pair really well together. I set the timer to go off when the Feta Chicken had 20 more minutes to cook in order to to put the Baked Asparagus in the oven with it for the remaining time. When I opened the oven, however, I realized that I never turned it on! My Feta Chicken had been sitting in the oven for 15 minutes “cooking” in a cold oven, oops!
- 4 Skinless boneless chicken breasts halves
- 4 oz Feta cheese crumbled
- 2 cups dry Italian bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken breasts between two pieces of wax paper and gently pound until chicken is about ¼ inches thick.
- Place 1 oz of feta cheese in the center of each chicken breast and then fold the chicken in half.
- Arrange the chicken in a baking dish and cover with bread crumbs.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink.