It’s Meatless Monday here at Serving Up The Skinny! Oh, you didn’t know we featured meatless meals on Monday? Don’t worry…it’s a new feature and today is week 1.
These feta and basil stuffed tomatoes are delectable, healthy and very easy to make.
These stuffed tomatoes can easily be the focal point of your lunch or dinner or just a side plate. Two stuffed tomatoes equals one serving!
- 3 Pepperoncinis
- 2 medium tomatoes (or 3 small)
- ⅓ cup reduced-fat cottage cheese
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or dried basil
- ½ teaspoon grated lime juice
- ⅛ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- Cut ½” rounds off the tops of the tomatoes and hollow out with a spoon.
- If needed, cut a thin strip off the bottom of each tomorrow to stand upright.
- Chop pepperoncini and green onions.
- Mix pepperoncini, green onion, cottage cheese, feta cheese, basil, lime juice, black pepper and garlic in small bowl.
- Spoon the mixture into the hollowed tomatoes.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon on pepperoncini juice
Adapted from Special K recipe.