Do yourself a favor and make this vegetarian meal today!
I don’t know about your family, but when I declared that we’re going to start eating one vegetarian meal a week, mine whined, groaned and made outlandish proclamations: “It’s going to taste yucky!” “It won’t fill me up!” Luckily, this recipe for slow cooker lentils put all their worries to rest. They love it! Plus, it’s so super easy and quick to make that you’ll have so much extra time on your hands to really contemplate how to properly torment your family! If you’re still to scared to go full-on vegetarian meal, make this as a side dish. Either way, you’ll gobble it up!
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 lb (18 0z) lentils. I like green or red.
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp black pepper
- *optional: sour cream or pico de gallo
- Wash lentils and discard any yucky pieces.
- Put all ingredients into slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 7 hours or until liquid is absorbed. Will resemble a thick chili.
Try topping your lentils off with a dollop of sour cream and pico de gallo. Serve it up with a side salad, perhaps some yummy garlic bread and you’ve got yourself a meal!