Back in the day we were either teasing our hair, lusting over New Kids on The Block (I Love You Jonathan) or making these homemade Skor Bars. Calories be damned!
These homemade skor bars taste just like the real thing and are perfect for your teenagers to make themselves. Hello! Kick your feet up and watch them slave in the kitchen for once. They are pretty addicting so expect them to whine at least once a week for you to pick up chocolate chips at the store. Don’t say we didn’t warn you.
It’s also super easy to make.
- 1 Stick of Butter
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tube of Saltine Crackers
- Chocolate Chips (12 oz+)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange saltines in single layer.
- Combine butter and brown sugar in saucepan, over medium heat.
- Stir until mixture thickens and starts to boil (must be totally combined).
- Pour butter and sugar mixture over saltines and spread evenly.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown. (Don’t over cook).
- Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over the crackers.
- Let sit for 3-5 minutes, then smooth the melted chocolate over the crackers.
- Freeze or refrigerate for 2+ hours until the chocolate is solid.
- Break apart and eat away!