Like this recipe? Don’t forget to “pin it“!
Need a little spice in your life? Our Crockpot Pepper Steak recipe is a must. It’s quick, cheap and avoids the use of an oven. Easy is how we roll during the hot summer months. Who wants to slave away in a hot house? Crockpot recipes are our go-to during the summer.
……And you’re hooked.
Make it as spicy (or un-spicy) as you like.
We’ve been making this recipe for about two years and have no clue where we picked it up from. We’ve changed it over the years to add the red pepper chili however.
- 1.5 – 2 LB Round Steak
- 1 Onion (cut into strips)
- 2 Red Bell Peppers (cut into strips)
- 2 Minced Garlic Clove
- 1 Can Diced Tomatos (14.5 oz – with liquid) or Tomato Sauce
- ¼ Cup Soy Sauce
- 2 Tb Red Chili Paste (*Optional)
- ¼ Tsp Pepper
- ½ Cup Water
- 1 – 2 Tb. Cornstarch
- Cut beef into strips and add to the slow cooker.
- In separate bowl, cut red bell pepper and onion into strips. Add soy sauce, chili paste, garlic, pepper and tomatoes. Stir until mixed and add to slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours until beef is tender. (Your slow cooker may take longer).
- Combine water and 1 tablespoon cornstarch and add to slow cooker. Turn temperature to high and cook until thick (about 30 minutes). If it’s still runny, add another tablespoon of cornstarch and turn down the temp. to let it set. It will thicken as it slightly cools.
- Serve over rice or noodles.