Breakfast is the one meal that I don’t skip. If I don’t eat breakfast I will seriously have the shakes by 10:30. If I skip lunch or dinner, no problemo. It’s not like I don’t like to eat lunch or dinner because I like to eat, period. But I don’t feel sick and shaky if I skip either of those.
With all that being said, French Toast is one of my ALL-TIME-FAVORITE things to eat for breakfast. I am not an egg girl, so pretty much anything with eggs with out. For example, you will not catch me eating huevos rancheros if my life depended on it. My husband, however, LOVES huevos rancheros, so I do make it for him sometimes from this amazing recipe my sister posted, but for me? Give me french toast any day of the week. This week I decided to spice it up and try a crock-pot french toast recipe that I found online and see how I liked it and let’s just say…LOVE. If you are a french toast fan like myself, you have to give this recipe a go!
Click HERE for the original recipe.
- 1 loaf of bread, diced
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ½ firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Dash of nutmeg
- Whisk together, eggs, milk and cinnamon and pour over diced bread in a large bowl. Let it soak overnight, or for a least 4 hours in the fridge.
- Spray the inside of a crock-pot with non-stick spray.
- Pour in soaked bread mixture.
- In a small bowl mix together butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, pecans and nutmeg and crumble over the top of the bread mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or on high for 2 hours.