If there was an AA-style meeting for Chipotle addicts I’d be lining up at the door. I love the rice, meat, salsa, guacamole, chips…you name it. I love it. The foundation of most of their menu items starts with their Chipotle Cilantro Lime Rice. We polled many of our friends and readers about “What Copycat Recipe do you want to see on Serving Up The Skinny?” and hands down this was the winner. Without further ado here’s our CopyCat Recipe for Chipotle’s Cilantro Lime Rice.
Like this Copycat Recipe? Pin it on Pinterest.
Follow Serving Up The Skinny on Facebook!
- 1 tsp. butter or olive oil
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 1.5 Cups Water
- 2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Cilantro
- Add butter to pan and heat on low until melted.
- Add rice, salt and lime juice and stir on low for 1 minute
- Add water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover for 20 minutes.
- Check rice for firmness. If water is absorbed proceed to the next step. If not, keep covered for another 5 minutes.
- Add cilantro and fluff with fork.